•1907 : Founding of GRAS SAVOYE in Lille (France).
• 1928 : Opening of an office Paris.
• 1951 : Establishment in Morocco.
•1966 : Establishment in Spain.
•1974 : Establishment in Gabon
•1975 : Gras Savoye joined the international network of Unison insurance brokerage.
•1978 : Establishment in Togo.
•1980 : Establishment in Cameroon.
•1981 : Establishment in Côte d’Ivoire.
•1983 : Establishment in Mauritius.
•1985 : Establishment in Senegal.
• 1994 : Continued international expansion with the opening of representative offices in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City), strengthening of the African network of Gras Savoye with the acquisition of Sogerco network and the birth of Ménage & JowaGras Savoye Belgium.
• 1995 : Establishment in Tunisia.
• 1996 :
Establishment in Burkina Faso.
Establishment in Congo-Brazzaville.
Establishment in Benin.
• 1997 :
Establishments in Romania and Switzerland.
Establishment in Chad.
Establishment in Mali.
Partnership with the British group Willis.
• 1998 :
Establishment in Egypt.
Birth of Gras Savoye Belgium.
• 1999 :
Gras Savoye entered Turkish market by acquiring 40% of Cagdas, an nsurance broker based in Istanbul.
Establishment in Guinea
• 2003 : Gras Savoye was the first broker wholly owned by foreigners, to get the insurance brokerage license in Vietnam.
• 2004 :
Gras Savoye established itself in Madagascar by taking a majority stake in the company BSA Madagascar.
Gras Savoye strengthened its presence in Switzerland by the acquisition of the Geneva Gesminor broker.
Stake in Brokers & Consultants, broker based in Mauritius.
• 2005 :
Launch of Gras Savoye International Services (GIS) structure dedicated to insurance policies for employees in international mobility.
Presence in DR Congo
Acquisitions in the Benelux countries of Allinsure, a Belgian broker, and AGN, a Luxemburg broker.
• 2006 :
Gras Savoye took majority stake in REMA Broking, a
Mauritanian company, which became Gras Savoye Mauritanie - REMA Broking.
Gras Savoye created a subsidiary in Algeria.
Establishment in Niger
• 2007 : Gras Savoye opened an office for the first time in Anglophone Africa, in Ghana.
Establisment in Central African Republic, Bangui.
Gras Savoye gets its brokerage license in Abu Dhabi.
Gras Savoye created in Djibouti Gras Savoye Djibouti, its first subsidiary in East Africa.
• 2012 :
Establishment in Nigeria.
Establishment in Uganda.
• 2013 :
Establishment in Kenya.
Establishment in Sierra Leone.
• 2014 : Establishment in Tanzania.
Gras Savoye Group is the leading insurance broker in France and in Africa.
The Group is also a major international player, with offices in 51 countries (mainly Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia) and using the Willis network in more than 130 countries.
Gras Savoye Willis Network is among the top 3 international network.