• 1995: Established in January 1995 by Jean Kacou Diagou, la Nouvelle Société Interafricaine d'Assurances (NSIA) started operations in July.
• 1996: Acquisition of the Ivorian subsidiary of Assurances Generales de France (AGF) which have decided to withdraw from the African insurance industry.
• 1997: Birth of NSIA FINANCE, a stockbrokerage firm.
• 1998: Creation of Nouvelle Société Assurance Bénin (NSAB).
• 2000: Acquisition of the former Mutuelle du Gabon, which became NSIA Gabon.
• 2000: Birth of NSIA Senegal.
• 2004: Birth NSIA Congo Brazzaville.
• 2005: Birth of NSIA Togo.
• 2006: Purchase of BIAO Côte d'Ivoire (current NSIA Banque-Côte d’Ivoire). BIAO Côte d'Ivoire belonged to the Belgolaise Group.
• 2007: Birth of NSIA Cameroon.
• 2008: The Private Equity Company, Emerging Capital Partners (ECP), took 20% stake in the NSIA group.
Opening of NSIA Mali.
Opening NSIA Guinea.
Acquisition of CDH Insurance Ghana, which have become NSIA Ghana
Creation BIAO Guinea, renamed NSIA Bank Guinea in 2012.
The NSIA Group expanded in Nigeria: Purchase of ADIC Insurance, owned by Diamond Bank. ADIC insurance became NSIA Insurance.
• 2012: Birth of NSIA TECHNOLOGIE, provider of business technology solutions.
Emerging Capital Partners sold its stake in the NSIA Group to a consortium comprising National Bank of Canada (NLC) and Amethis Finance.
National Bank of Canada (NBC) acquired a 20.9% stake and Amethis Finance 5.4%.
BIAO Côte d'Ivoire changed its name to NSIA Banque.