• 1998 : SUNU Finance Holding was created by Mr. Pathé DIONE and partners.
• 1999 :
SUNU Finance bought five subsidiaries of AXA-UAP group namely:
CSAR-Vie (ex - UASen Vie) in Senegal, now SUNU Assurance - Vie Senegal,
UAT-Vie in Togo, now SUNU Assurance - Vie Togo,
UBA -Vie in Benin, now SUNU Assurance - Vie Benin,
UAC-IARD in Central African Republic, now SUNU Assurance – IARD,
UGAN-IARD in Niger, now SUNU Assurance – IARD Niger.
• 2000 : SUNU Assurance - Vie Niger (ex - UGAN Vie) was created in partnership with local banks.
• 2001 :
SUNU Finance created SUNU ASSURANCE Holding S.A.
Acquisition of two subsidiaries of Mutuelles du Mans in Côte d’Ivoire : Le Millennium Assurance Internationales -IARD (LMAI-IARD) which became SUNU Assurances IARD; The Millennium Assurance Internationales- Vie (LMAI-Vie), which became SUNU Assurances-Vie Côte d’ivoire.
• 2002 : Takeover of Alliance Africaine d’Assurances Vie (3A-Vie), an Ivorian insurance company.
• 2004 :
Acquisition of three Life-subsidiaries of AXA in Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon and Gabon: Union des Assurances Vie de Côte d’Ivoire (UA-Vie) , Union des Assurances du Cameroun Vie (UAcam-Vie), Union des Assurances du Gabon Vie (UAG-Vie).
These corporations are now named SUNU Assurances Vie Côte d’Ivoire, SUNU Assurances Vie Cameroun et SUNU Assurances Vie Gabon.
The SUNU group acquired in Togo UAT-IARD, which is now named: SUNU Assurances IARD Togo.
. SUNU The group takes a 40% stake in the capital of AVIE in Benin.
• 2005 : Acquisition of a 45% stake in the capital of Burkina Faso RAYNAL S.A.
• 2010 :
The two holding companies SUNU ASSURANCES and SUNU FINANCE bear now the following names: SUNU ASSURANCES Holding S.A. and SUNU FINANCES Holding S.A.S.
Creation of Union des Assurances – IARD du Mali (UA-IARD Mali). It obtained its license in 2012.
• 2011 :
Creation of the Union des Assurances IARD de Guinée (UA-IARD Guinée), now named SUNU Assurances IARD - Guinée. It : obtained its license in 2012.
Founding of a Life insurance company in Burkina Faso named " Union des Assurances Vie du Burkina Faso ". It obtained its license in 2013 and started its operations in 2014.
• 2012 : Creation by SUNU Assurances Holding SA of a company named SUNU Assurances Abidjan whose role is to group the Group's Central Divisions. It changed its name in 2013 to SUNU Services.
• 2013 : Takeover of Senegal Compagnie Générale d’Assurances (CGA), a non-life insurance company, by SUNU Assurances Holding SA.
• 2014 : SUNU Assurances Holding SA. changed its name and became SUNU Participations Holding SA.
• 2015: The 16 subsidiaries of the Group changed their names to SUNU Assurance.