• 1978 : Founding of Banque Atlantique de Côte d’Ivoire (BACI), the first bank of what would later become the Groupe Banque Atlantique.
• 2004 : Founding of the Groupe Banque Atlantique with the creation of Atlantic Financial Group. This creation was the start of a series of bank openings in several countries.
• 2005 : Establishment of the Banque Atlantique in Benin.
• 2006 : Creation of subsidiaries in Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Togo and Senegal.
• 2012 : As part of a partnership agreement, the Atlantic Financial Group and the Groupe Banque Centrale Populaire of Morocco founded the Atlantic Business International Company, which would become the holding of the Groupe Banque Atlantique. It stands for financial holding company, audit and development holding company and its capital is currently 65% owned by the Groupe Banque Centrale Populaire of Morocco and 35% by Atlantic Financial Group.
The Groupe Banque Centrale Populaire of Morocco has two own subsidiaries in Africa: in Guinea and Central African Republic. Groupe Banque Atlantique is nowadays present in 7 countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo). It consists of 7 commercial banks, a brokerage firm in Côte d’Ivoire and two insurance companies in Côte d’Ivoire and Togo.